- 2018 was marked by the publication of some very important standards, in particular ISO 45001 on Health and Safety at work, and the revisions of ISO 22000 on Food Safety and ISO 50001 on Energy Performance & Management.
- Gathering almost 600 people, #ISOWeek2018, held in Geneva, focused on how International Standards can advance the 2030 Agenda.
- If you are wondering how ISO standards help meet the SDGs, check out the ISO SDG tool: for each Goal, ISO has identified the standards that make the most significant contribution.
- For the Standardization Community there is no greater celebration than the World Standards Day, this year’s theme was #4thindustrialrevolution.
- We engaged block chain expert Dr. Phillipa Rayan #ISOchat.
- If you thought standards had no business around poop, think again! We were present at the #ReinventedToiletExpo, held in Beijing, China. Our Secretary General Mr. Mujica shared the floor with Bill Gates, Co-Chair of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and Dr. Jim Yong Kim, President of the World Bank.
- The MENA STAR Project saw 8 of our members in the Middle East and North African region members work with our Capacity Building Unit to help business and industry apply key standards for sustainable development.