2018 was a year of hard work and great achievements for us here at ISO: here is a summary!
- 2018 was marked by the publication of some very important standards, in particular ISO 45001 on Health & Safety at work, and the revisions of ISO 22000 on Food Safety and ISO 50001 on Energy Performance & Management.
- Gathering almost 600 people, #ISOWeek2018, held in Geneva, focused on how International Standards can advance the 2030 Agenda.
- If you are wondering how ISO standards help meet the SDGs, check out the ISO SDG tool: for each Goal, ISO has identified the standards that make the most significant contribution.
- For the Standardization Community there is no greater celebration than the World Standards Day, this year’s theme was #4thindustrialrevolution.
- We engaged block chain expert Dr. Phillipa Rayan #ISOchat.
- If you thought standards had no business around poop, think again! We were present at the #ReinventedToiletExpo, held in Beijing, China. Our Secretary General Mr. Mujica shared the floor with Bill Gates, Co-Chair of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and Dr. Jim Yong Kim, President of the World Bank.
- The MENA STAR Project saw 8 of our members in the Middle East and North African region members work with our Capacity Building Unit to help business and industry apply key standards for sustainable development.