Airmic has announced the availability of a ‘Corporate Culture Toolkit’ to provide practical advice for risk managers seeking to understand and manage their organization’s culture.
According to Airmic, corporate culture has a significant impact on a company’s risk management performance and can also improve the long-term performance of a business. Risk managers can, and should, play an important role in influencing their organization’s culture. Airmic members who have addressed this issue report benefits such as improved employee performance, a reduction in incidents and near-misses, and reduced regulatory issues.
The resource consists of two parts:
- A practical guide to help risk managers: understand the importance of managing culture; and identify the key drivers of culture.
- An online tool which risk managers can use to:
- assess and benchmark their existing culture;
- understand best practice in managing culture;
- create an action plan to develop corporate culture.
Last year, a survey of Airmic members revealed that over two thirds of respondents saw a lack of embedded risk culture in their organization as a top-three concern. Meanwhile many members said that despite having regular access to the board and senior management, integrating risk management across the business units continues to be a major challenge.
Source: Continuity Central